Haaaaaaaaai! Can you believe that 2016 is coming to and end?! This year has been filled with copious amounts of Drake lyrics, many layered cakes, and countless blocks of unsalted butter. I wouldn’t have it any other way. End-of-year posts always freak me out because I find it humanly impossible to cram an entire year’s worth of moments into a single blog post. Anxiety is also magnified this year because I really messed up my timing in the month of December – I created 12 pies with different Drake lyrics on them to do some sort of ‘12 Pies of Drakemas‘ situation leading up to Christmas. December crept up on me real good, I panicked, and I didn’t post any of the content. The regret is still so real so I’m giving you all 12 pies all at once, here. So here’s to 2016, belated Drakemas, and all that 2017 will bring!
Many exciting things happened in 2016:
- I celebrated my one year blog-aversary in March!
- I got a DSLR!
- I finished school, graduated, and got my Masters degree
- I travelled to Paris with my mom and had the most amazing time
- I started a new job that is completely unrelated to what I studied and I love it
Things you loved in 2016:
- Your favourite blog post of this year was this lavender early grey cake with macarons
- This photo of the fleur de sel caramel pear pie was by far your most fav pic I posted on Instagram
- My favourite recipe from this year? Probably this lemon cream tart.
I made friends because the internet exists:
- I met Kelsey (The Farmer’s Daughter) in real life and we are now really good friends. We dream about future collaborations, sharing beignets at Cafe du Monde, and escaping to Paris together regularly. Even though we have only met up a handful of times, we have already developed a ritual – we always start our morning off at Le Marché St. George for crêpes and coffee, go shopping, eat tacos, stress about cake things before we shoot together the next day. It is always loads and loads of fun.
- I became online bffs with Thalia (Butter and Brioche) and we talk and throw shade at least once a day now. I am just waiting for her to visit me in Vancouver. I would visit her in Brisbane but she keeps sending me snaps of these crazy turkeys that roam her front yard. They scare me.
- I also got to do a collaboration with Tessa (Sweet Style CA) and we made pie in her apartment. I think Tessa likes me because she texts me when Everett is asleep/when she needs someone to talk to when Everett starts putting stickers all over her. We will be collaborating more in the new year!
Other cool things on the internet:
- Buzzfeed gave me a cool shout out – thanks!
- And then I worked with them to create “The Buzzfeed Cookie”
- I did a few pieces for Food Network Canada, here and here.
The most important things:
- I want to thank every single one of you for following along on my blog journey. I read and love every comment you leave here as well as on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
- I also want to thank all the people that are endless sources of inspiration to me and this blog – you know who you are! (And you will probably receive a sappy text message from me at 2am.)
- I can’t wait to bake more, create more, and be even more inspired in 2017.
And that’s a wrap! You were good, 2016.